Wednesday 26 December 2007

Boxing day @ Hillingdon

After consuming rather a lot of food (particularly chocolate, mince pies and christmas cake) yesterday thought i'd head down to hillingdon and burn off a few calories.

I was taking it pretty easy for the first half of the race, watching while my Sigma team mate, Steve Golla was riding aggressively and making what was the most promising move of the early race in a break of 4 although they never got more than a hundred metres away from the pack.

With around 2/3 of the race covered, gaps were starting to appear, probably as a result of people starting to feel the effects of too mince pies and brandy. The race then split into two with a group of around 10 with both myself and steve in it, and the rest of the usual suspects.

I was just going through hard enough so the pack didn't come back, but was wary of doing too much with other people in the group sitting on or doing very little. With just under 4 laps to ride I saw a little opportunity and attacked . Thanks to some great team work from Steve blocking in the break I managed to hold a good gap from the rest of the break to the finish and could ease down as I crossed the line alone to claim my second win of the series.

Report on Londoncyclesport website

No comments: