Saturday 29 December 2007

29th December - Hillingdon again

A windy day greeted the 40 or so riders who turned up for today's installment of the Imperial Winter Series.

Me and Steve were both riding again and both of us made the decisive break of 7 riders. With most of the break working well maintaining a 20 second or so gap to the bunch. As the race was nearing the finish I was aware of better sprinters in the group (well would be hard for them not be bettter than myself) so I put in a few attacks to try and break things up. However was well marked and I lost out in the final sprint for the line. Paul Pickup (BC private member) took the win, and Steve sprinting to 2nd place. I lost out narrowly to Chris Moores (Norwood Paragon) on the line to end up in 4th.

Todays ride saw me using my newest piece of kit, some new Speedplay zero pedals. After only fitting them to my bike yesterday afternoon was a little worried about how I would go with them, but they were fantastic. The manufacturers claims of better cornering are well founded as I found myself able to take the chicane tighter and also still pedal around without grounding out once, which is something i've been doing a fair bit recently at hillingdon with my old pedals.

No comments: