Sunday 17 February 2008

Imperial Winter Series

Yesterday was the final round of the Imperial Winter Series.

Once again I missed the crucial break, which contained Chris McNamara (race winner), Clive Nichols and Jerome Walters.

The main group was neutralised by this move, which quickly gained a minute advantage and later on went on to lap the field.

Not wanting to be lapped I attacked with about 30 minutes to go, and got into a good break with Chris Moores and a young rider from AW cycles. We were riding really well, and taking time out of the lead group. I misread the lap board thinking that I had three to ride and attacked, only to cross the line and see Doug holding out the 5 to go board. Whoops! I was then promtly caught by the other two riders and this then had the effect of slowing our little group right up. The result probably wouldn't have changed though with the peleton about half a lap back and the break about half a lap up. At the finish for some reason I decided to lead the sprint out from the bottom of the hill into a headwind. Some new power records got for me in this sprint, but with 25m to go they both popped out of my draft and whizzed past me! Whoops! But still new power records ! Who cares I came last..... right?

First race on my new bike, and new power records says it all really - it is a super stable machine which just screams speed. A more detailed review of the equipment to come but for now I need to get my arse in gear as i'm off to Chertsey MOD for another race this morning.

No comments: