Sunday 17 February 2008

Chertsey 17th February

Pretty disappointed today after coming down in the sprint finish from a break group of 8 at the Surrey League MOD Chertsey race.

I was coming to the line the fastest of the front three when I was leaned into by a rider from the Willier sportsbeans race team who I think had switched his line as I was coming up through the middle of him and another rider, this was after he had initially pulled out to the right.

Powertap records I was going 60km/h as I came down so was fairly lucky to get away with nothing more than a bit of road rash. My Powertap rear wheel doesn't look took too healthy though and will require rebuilding perhaps the bill for this should go to Willier Sportsbeans?

See what you think? www.sleepingbearproductions.co.uk were there videoing the finish

Normal speed version












Slo-mo Version

1 comment:

Pete said...

Ow! Fortunately I can't make my bike go that fast. The worst accident I had was on The Mall doing 25mph when my cleat came out of the pedal when I was stood up.

I hope the road rash clears up soon.