Wednesday 27 February 2008

Getting ready for the Wally Gimber

This sunday I shall be driving down to Kent to ride Dulwich Paragons Primevera the race for the Wally Gimber Trophy.

This race has again attracted a top class field including teams of riders from Arctic Premier, awcycles.co.uk, Plowman Craven, Wildside and of course Sigma Sport.

Last year riding for Kingston Wheelers I did this race which was held in horrible wet and windy conditions. I was wearing a rain jacket that was a bit big for me and felt a bit like a parachute making things particularly hard going! I can't remember exactly where I placed, but was caught behind a crash which split the field and effectively ended any chances I had of finishing in the top 20.

Whilst my recent preparation has been made a bit more difficult after my recent crash, this hasn't stopped me riding (albeit a bit painfully) so I'll be hoping to go a bit better this weekend.

With myself, Wouter, Dan Duguid, Simon Lawn plus team leader Gary Dodd on the start list and all riding well we should be able to make an impact on the race. I'm also hoping the weather stays as good as it has been for the past week or so.

No comments: