Sunday 11 January 2009

2009

First post in a very long time!

Had been feeling pretty down about cycling after spending September through to December with my chronic hip injury not really improving, as everytime I tried to up my training I would be punished with my body breaking down and putting me in pain.

Finally had a bit of a breakthrough around xmas, helped by a visit to Sigmsport for a bikefitting with Lee, which not only sorted out my position on the bike, but also renewed my motivation to do the exercises and stretches that I need to do to help me hip get better.

So now mid January, hip problem improving, and am now finally starting to get stuck into training for proper. As expected not really all that fit now, but I am confident that come my first race in March I should be going well.

Got some stuff to look forward though in the next few months, a 3 day training weekend in north wales at the end of January and then another one in Majorca in mid-february. Means I wont be racing til later than last year, when I was really up for the winter series but come the first weekend of March hope to be able to get stuck into racing and hopefully going well.

Last couple of weeks have been really cold, but forecast for the next week looks a little milder albeit predicted to be pretty wet. Can't win with the weather this year, really has been a rubbish winter. Just keeping my fingers crossed that itll be ok for the weekend in North Wales!

No comments: