Friday 16 May 2008

Off to Ireland

Back at the end of the revolutions 5 day last year I was asked by Keith Butler from the Surreyleague if I would like to race as part of a team he takes every year to the Ras.

This 8 day stage race is one of my main focuses for the year and I hope to come away from it with a good result or at least by putting in a good ride, and gaining lots of experience and hopefully strength to take on for the remainder of my races this season.

In the ras I will be coming up against many of the same top riders from the UK scene, but with the addition of strong international contingent with teams from Ireland, France, Norway and the Netherlands. I've been promised by Keith Butler that the racing is full on for 8 days! This is helped by each team only having 5 riders which must make it fairly unlikely for any one team to be able to control the race. The field is a mix of full time professionals and amateurs such as myself, as such i'm sure there will be a certain people im sure who will be happy to just to finish and also those who are genuine contenders for the win.

Well except for still being pretty tired after the Lincoln, i'm all set to go. Keith has my bike and race gear which he will be driving over for me with the rest of the team. I am flying tomorrow afternoon which will allow me a much needed lie in tomorrow morning before the race begins on sunday morning.

Keep your fingers crossed that I get round safely and quickly and watch this space for updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done for making the break yesterday. 12th overall!